Letteratura Martin (attenzione agli SPOILER)

Epitaffio

SoHead Technician
Che poi in realtà il nuovo libro non è nemmeno così "nuovo" gran parte delel storie sono semplicemente riprese da altri libri e tagliate incollate.

Io comunque lo prenderò lo stesso molto probabilmente :looksi:

Silen

Get a life
Per me non è tanto il tempo che ci mette a scrivere un libro, ma è una presa in giro nei confronti dei lettori appassionati della saga il fatto che impieghi il suo tempo per fare cose legate (la serie tv prima, ora 'sto libro sui Targaryen) quando potrebbe dedicarsi alla chiusura della sua opera.
Se ripenso all'entusiasmo di ormai dieci anni fa e più col quale lessi i libri mi viene l'amarezza a vedere la situazione attuale. Proprio mi è passata pure la voglia di recuperare ADWD visto che non l'ho ancora letto. George ci ha voltato le spalle non appena è partito il progetto della serie tv e spero la memoria dei lettori e del giudizio letterario gliene darà conto di questo smacco.

Non avrei potuto esprimere meglio quello che penso, grazie ostreghello. Quello che più mi da fastidio è che io lo apprezzo molto come scrittore fin dai tempi in cui scriveva i suoi primi racconti...ma lui è fatto così, appena ha l'occasione di prendere soldi dalla televisione molla tutto. Una volta ha anche scritto "i veri soldi si fanno con la tv non scrivendo libri" e al diavolo il resto.

Comunque io il libro sui Targaryen non lo prendo, fan culo. O finisce la saga o con me ha chiuso.

Mikhail Mengsk

MSPAINT OVERTYRANT
Tanto ormai la storia stava diventando un minestrone indigeribile con tremila sottotrame, l'hype mi era passato da un pezzo.

Epitaffio

SoHead Technician
grrm
May 2, 2018 at 8:04 pm
My original intent was to end DANCE with the two big battles, yes… intercutting between the two of them, each told through several different points of view. And both battles were partially written. But NOT COMPLETE, which became the issue. Also, maybe even more to the point, not yet good enough in my estimation. Battles are bloody hard, and I wanted these to be great.

The book had already been scheduled for publication, I had blown through several previous deadlines, and we simply ran out of time. Initially I decided to push one battle back to WINDS to focus on the other, but that did not work either, and neither of the sequences came together the way I wanted them to, so ultimately the choice came down to moving both of the battles to WINDS or cancelling the planned publication and pushing back DANCE. And given how far ahead publishers schedule their releases, the pushback would not have been a few days or a few weeks, but at least half a year, and maybe longer.

Also, DANCE was already very long, and the battles would have made it substantially longer. That could also have affected the pricing.

Did we make the right decision? I don’t know, even to this day. I understand your frustration, and some days I do feel the same way. But back then I had the fans howling after DANCE the same way they are howling after WINDS now, and my publishers really really did not want to push back again. And DANCE, even without the battles, was extremely well received — yes, there were dissenters, I know that, readers who did not like the book as well as the earlier volumes, but out in the wider world, DANCE had extremely strong sales, rode the bestseller lists for a long long time. It was a Hugo finalist, won the Locus Award for best fantasy of the year, and was named by TIME magazine as the book of the year. So even without the battles, it worked pretty well… but part of me still wonders if we made the right choice.

These things are not easy. Those who think they are have obviously never written anything, or had to deal with the realities of publishing,

Epitaffio

SoHead Technician
Sulle serie ha commentato qualcosa tipo (vado a braccio) :

"HBO farà comunque degli spin off basati sui miei lavori, preferisco esserne parte e dare una determinata direzione che non fargli fare il cazzo che vogliono"

Silen

Get a life
Ve l'ho già detto ragazzi...a lui frega soprattutto dei soldi che gli dà la hdo. Del resto, frega cazzi.

Alto